Thursday 4 June 2015

Beauty Role Model - Lana Parrilla


          After a few days trying to pick the first person in my role model beauty list I have finally chosen the first one to appear in here. And here she is: LANA PARRILLA, the evil queen from the TV series Once Upon a Time!!!


Lana as the evil queen
           I have been watching this show for quite sometime and the actresses there are all very pretty, but I've chosen Lana because she has this healthy image that matches exactly the one I personally pursue. She also has this exotic or maybe not the "all perfect" kind of beauty which also please me. So, the thing is that I choose her in the first place because she is naturally beautiful. But I also picked her because at least her character in the series is very elegant and sexy in her own way. And when I say elegant it is more related to the attitude, hand and body movements, smiles and facial expressions than with clothes, hair, shoes and make up. But let's go straight to what is really important here.     


             I collected some information about Lana's life style. I tried to choose the particular habits that I thought were related to her radiant skin and hair, her full mouth and good shape. Since Lana is a more recent celebrity and maybe known only for those who watches the show there are not much information available about her personal life, yet. The good thing on this is that most, or maybe all the information, are very reliable. I could use only informations based on direct personal interview. Yes, maybe for being still a new celebrity she still gives more introspective, personal (ized) and charming interviews, point to her!! So here we go.

Body




         Lana says she does exercise daily. Normal gym, apparently. Nothing abnormal so far. But the real beauty secret here is the fact that she practices yoga since she was five, her mother taught her when she was a little girl. And that fact definitely must have something to do with her good shape.

Food


          Parrilla eats only organic food. She also eats vegetarian for six months out of the year. According to her (from her mother lessons) "a healthy diet keeps a healthy mind". Further, she thinks that helps her to have a good skin and hair, and I have to agree that if it is her secrets it is working pretty well!! Also, she does not eat a lot of what she considers "crap food" and she drinks a lot of water every day. She also says she eats bread sometimes and often desert. She said that in a casual way to indicate that "yes, I eat carbs!". But come on!! Everybody eats carbs (everyday, every meal, several times a day in my case), and nobody has to mention it that way. So, I think she tries to control the amount of carbs and desert she eats daily.

Cosmetics


          Yes, I found some information about the brands she supposedly uses, but I considered those informations not exactly impartial. I found those information only in beauty websites and not straight from her interviews. Further, those informations were always followed by a "seems to be her favorite..." and a link to a store. So I've decided to write here the only information I've got regarding it. It is a little vague but at least it is something. Lana says she takes a good care of her skin and that she likes to use rose and coconut oils on it. To the hair she said she uses a particular shampoo brand but only because the smell makes her remind her character, the evil queen, because is that brand the series production uses on her hair. And yes, I don't think she has to care a lot of her hair, it seems to be one of those kind of hair that anything works fine and does not need much maintenance.

Style


          Contrary to her character on the series, Lana says she likes to wear casual with jeans and light make up. But I have to confess I never saw any picture of her outside her character or not taken from a professional photographer for a magazine or something. But I suppose she could wear anything and still looks great, and that is why I choose her to be here in the first place.

Ok, so summing up. Lana Parrilla beauty secrets seems to be: normal gym and yoga for body, organic food, lot of water, vegetarian for half of the year (no crap or much carby food), for eating and drinking, and rose and coconut oil for the skin. It does not sound impossible, but it seems that daily and long term discipline is the beauty secret here.


Lana Parrilla beauty secrets once upon a time

No comments:

Post a Comment